Bainbridge Island Community Network

Harbour Public House

The Harbour Public House opened on December 27th, 1991 as the first non smoking tavern in the Seattle area. The Harbour Public House was originally the home of Amanda and Ambrose Grow. The Grows were early settlers on Bainbridge Island and homesteaded a (640 acre) section of the north Shore of Eagle Harbor. Their house was built in 1881 with further additions over the next few years.

The home was remodeled into it's current configuration starting n 1990 and completed in 1992. During the remodel the interior wood which was not retained was refinished and reused as wainscoting throughout the building or re-milled as trim and cabinets. The booth tables and mantelpiece are made from the original upstairs floor joists. A deck was added for outdoor dining with a view of Eagle Harbor (featured in painting below).

Come join us for lunch or dinner, bring a few friends and enjoy the friendly "Pub" atmosphere. The Harbour Pub is a short walk from the Ferry, through downtown and to the Marina District on the Waterfront

PUB HOURS:
11AM to Midnight Every Day


BACK TO:   MARINA DISTRICT   BUSINESSES   THE ISLAND